2018 Planck Explanatory Supplement
The Explanatory Supplement is a reference text accompanying the public data products which result from the European Space Agency’s Planck mission, and includes descriptions of all the products available via the Planck Legacy Archive. The Explanatory Supplement has been produced by the Planck Collaboration.
There are have been four major data releases of Planck products:
- PR1 in 2013 (all files are identified by the label *.R1.??) ;
- PR2 in 2015 (all files are identified by the label *.R2.??) ;
- PR3 in 2018 (all files are identified by the label *.R3.??) ;
- PR4 (NPIPE) in 2020 (all files are identified by the label *.R4.??) .
In addition, the so-called "Planck Legacy Release" is a combination of PR1+PR2+PR3 products tha thave been tagged as "Legacy" and are shown by default the PLA.
This Explanatory Supplement accompanies the Planck 2018 release, however, the descriptions of the 2013, 2015 and 2020 products can be found at the end of each section under the heading Other Releases and appear under different background colors (white for 2018, salmon for 2015 and green for 2013).
Also note that not all the products issued in 2015 have been updated in the 2018 or 2020 release, this is one of the reasons for tagging a "Legacy" release.
The Index of the Explanatory Supplement is listed below; the Index and individual section headings can also be accessed directly via the menu bar at the left of this page.
- The instruments
- HFI design, qualification, and performance
- LFI design, qualification, and performance
- Data processing
- HFI data processing
- LFI data processing
- HFI/LFI joint data processing
- Planck Legacy Archive: mission products
- Timelines and Rings
- Frequency maps in Temperature and Polarization
- CMB maps
- Foreground maps
- Correction maps
- Simulation data
- External maps
- Dates of observations
- Instrument model
- Planet-related data
- Software utilities
- Planck value-added tools
- Operational data
Planck Legacy Archive